1. Reflection on Motif Journal. Today all A day students turned in their motif journals, which counts as a project grade. We wrote answers to these reflection questions during class:
- How did completing the motif journal as you read alter your reading experience?
- What kind of creative entry did you most enjoy?
- What grade do you think you deserve and why?
2. Connections between To Kill a Mockingbird and Jesus Huerta. We watched a short news clip, then wrote about and discussed possible ties between Durham teen Huerta and the novel.
3. Oral quiz on Chapters 28-31.
4. Reading time on “The Courthouse Ring.” Friday, we will have a whole-class seminar discussion. To focus our conversation, we will be reading the article “The Courthouse Ring” by Malcolm Gladwell. Students began reading and annotating the article in class. Here’s the link if you’re interested or if you were absent: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/08/10/090810fa_fact_gladwell (Honors version)
HW: Read and annotate “The Courthouse Ring” by Friday. Bring to class along with your book.