1. Wordskills 6.6-6.10.
2. Notes on Personification:
Poets can give objects and places human characteristics by:
- making it talk
- giving it feelings
- giving it character traits
- making it do things a human does
- giving it human body parts
- talking to it (this is called apostrophe)
3. Reading and writing personification poems. Students listened to snippets of three poems and then chose one to read and analyze in a small group. Their choices were:
- “Homecoming” by Kanye West (download worksheet here: Homecoming Personification)
- “Chicago” by Carl Sandburg (download worksheet here: Chicago Personification)
- “Mirror” by Sylvia Plath (download worksheet here: Mirror Personification)
HW: Finish answering questions on poem. Then, write your own personification poem. Due tomorrow!
Absentees: Get WordSkills notes from a classmate. Choose one of the three poems, download the worksheet, and follow directions.