On Monday we looked at how social norms appear in the media.
- Students shared out their product selections.
- We examined social norms using quotes around the room.
On Tuesday, we looked at persuasive techniques in the media.
- Students first received their book club books (Persepolis, Maus II, American Born Chinese, Running for Hope, or March I) and we took some time to read.
- We looked at ads and examined persuasive techniques in them:Propaganda Techniques (L16) We also looked at the persuasive techniques in the ad for our own product.
- Then, we analyzed the following Levi’s commercial with this handout: america
HW: Read the first half of your book club for next Tuesday 12/6!