1. Students practiced correcting run-on sentences with semicolons, periods, and comma-FANBOYS.
2. We took notes on run-ons on G3 and how to correct them!
3. We reviewed compound sentences by creating sentences together with our partners.
4. Freewrite: We took seven minutes to freewrite the beginning of our speeches and then decided on the 1-2 sentences we thought were especially strong.
HW: Start working on the artistic element of your speech presentation. Here are the requirements:
Part II: Artwork
Create a work of art that communicates the same message as your speech. In your artwork, you must use both pathos and logos. You can create
- a dance
- a piece of visual art (collage, painting, drawing, sculpture)
- a comic
- a song
- a slam poem or rap
- something else? Ask your teacher.