1. Freewrite: What 10 choices could Romeo and Juliet have made to avoid their deaths?
2. Oral Quiz on Act IV, scenes 4-5 and Act V, scenes 1-2.
3. Watch and read Act V, scene 3. We watched two versions, then stopped and read aloud as a class once Romeo and Juliet died:
4. Theme in the play. We discussed some possible themes. Then, students wrote an ACE-IT paragraph to prove one of the themes in Romeo and Juliet with evidence.
1. We picked up watching Billy Liar and filling out our viewing guides.
HW: Finish annotation and TP-CASTT of “Lament” for tomorrow.
1. We watched most of Billy Liar and filled out a viewing guide.
HW: Finish annotation and TP-CASTT of “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock” for Monday. We will have another seminar discussion on Monday about Billy Liar and “Prufrock.”