Students worked on their Wikipedia projects.
HW: All students should be done with their projects by Monday. We will only have about 30 minutes in class to troubleshoot. What does it mean to be done?
- You have written a plot summary in Google Drive.
- You have printed out, annotated, and taken notes on three articles from the Gale database.
- You have written at least a Reception and a Major themes paragraph based on your articles.
- You have created a Sandbox in Wikipedia with the parts of your plot summary, reception, themes, etc. paragraphs that need to be added to the real Wikipedia page for your novel.
- You have created citations for each quote you took from an article.
- You have copied and pasted the code from your Sandbox into the real Wikipedia article (extra credit)
Today we went straight to work on our scripts.
HW: Read Act IV by tomorrow. Finish paraphrasing your script if you’re not done.
1. Focused freewrite: What’s the most important plot point in your scene? Why?
2. Continued paraphrasing and cutting. Students finished paraphrasing and then worked on Interpreting their Scenes.
3. Speaking Shakespeare. We learned 5 techniques to clarify to your audience what a line means.
HW: Read all of Act IV by Monday.