Today students had a final day to research their novels using our online resources. Each student printed out articles related to their novel, annotated the articles, and created Citation Cards for each.
Here are the different categories of a Wikipedia article to help you understand what to look for as you read: W14 Research Questions
Here are the research directions: W15 Literature Review Resources GHS
Here are the citation cards we used to take notes: Citation Cards
Students finished researching at least three articles in class.
2. Tableaux vivants of I.i. Students created still scenes of three key points in Act I, scene 1 of Romeo and Juliet in small groups in order to review.
3. Listening to and reading I.ii and I.iii.
HW: Reread Act 1 scene 2 and the beginning of scene 3.
1. Freewrite in iambic pentameter and rhyming couplets. All students shared a rhyming couplet with the class.
2. Return song analysis. All students must revise their song analysis article. This is due next Tuesday, March 5.
3. Tableaux vivants of I.i. Students created still scenes of three key points in Act I, scene 1 of Romeo and Juliet in small groups in order to review.
4. Listening to I.ii and I.iii.
HW: Finish reading the rest of Act I of Romeo and Juliet for Wednesday.