We only met for 10 minutes, but here’s what students should study:
Click to study all flashcards online!
L3 Imagery and Slanted Imagery
L4 Indirect Characterization (Dialogue, Action, Description)
L5 Memoir Writing Techniques (Flashback, Foreshadowing, Internal Monologue, Reflection)
L8 Similes and Metaphors
W1 Dialogue Rules
W2 Copyediting Marks
W3 Memoir Workshop Guidelines (study MLA format only)
V1 Vocabulary Unit 1
Plus: motif, plot of The Outsiders
90% Multiple Choice
10% Writing prompt about theme in The Outsiders.
All notes can be found by clicking the binder link above.
HW: Study for exam on Tuesday.
We took our exam. Everyone was very impressive with their focus! Give your child a big hug for taking a pretty hard test and not freaking out.
2. Fix any AudioBoos that need fixing. Turn in any reflections that need turning in.
3. Review of literary terms on Quizlet.
4. Matching. Students matched terms, definitions, and copyediting marks.
5. Practice using quotes. On whiteboards, students corrected sentences with quotations marks from essays and memoirs.
6. Practice with paragraph structure. Students organized paragraphs that were cut up into pieces.
HW: Review for exam next Thursday.