1. Reading Quiz on Act III, scenes 4 and 5.
2. Film comparisons. We watched a clip of Act III, scene iv in Zeffirelli’s 1968 film version. As we watched, we took some notes on the director’s choices. Finally, students wrote a paragraph arguing whether or not the director successfully adapted the Shakespeare.
If you were absent, you are exempt from the paragraph. However, you do need to make up the quiz at lunch or after school.
HW: Read ALL of Act 4 in Romeo and Juliet. Write down on a sheet of paper three choices:
1) which scene you choose for your final project,
2) which artwork you choose for your paper (click here) and
3) which kind of artwork you will create based on that scene for the project. Also, if you’re working with other people, write their names down.