1. Students completed a reflection on their motif journals. If you were absent, please answer the following questions at home and be prepared to turn them in on Monday with your journal entries:
– After looking through your journal, what ideas or images do you see repeated (besides your motif)? Why do you think this is important?
– How did the motif journal change your reading experience? How did you read differently because you had to do a motif journal?
– What grade do you think you deserve and why?
– Do you have any specific suggestions for improving the motif journal experience?
Anyone who forgot their journal on Friday even though it was done needs to bring in a note from a parent or guardian (or have them email me) in order for it to be excused.
2. Review of rules for using quotations. We finished W12 in groups.
3. Writing or typing the body paragraph. 1st, 2nd, and 6th periods wrote their body paragraphs in class after watching a demo. 4th and 7th period went to the computer lab to type their body paragraphs into a GoogleDoc.
HW: 1st, 2nd, and 6th period: The rough draft of your body paragraph on W13 is due Monday.
4th and 7th period: Your body paragraph must be typed into GoogleDocs by Monday. No exceptions!