Today we finished up reading and discussing Shakespeare.
1. Writing Prompt. For 15 minutes, students responded to the following prompt:
In a paragraph, explain what message or theme the audience (or the characters) take away from seeing Romeo and Juliet.
- Be original! (Don’t choose the theme you think everyone else will.)
- Find a quote to support your opinion.
- Explain how the quote supports your opinion.
2. Reader’s Theater of Act V, scene iii. We acted out (beautifully, may I add) the final scene of the play.
HW: Bring rough draft of speech tomorrow!