We finished our book club discussions!
- We started the class with free writing. Students wrote in their journal about identity and how identity shapes how we read books. Students wrote about how they do or don’t relate to the main character in the book.
- We did a discussion warm up activity where students shared in groups the animal that best represents them.
- Students set their own group guidelines to keep the discussions flowing and engaged. The discussions went great!
- At the end, students wrote brief reflections about the discussion.
- Afterwards, everyone turned in their Book Club notesheet.