We continued working on our Sandboxes in class today until all students were done with the slide show.
1. Freewrite on the connection between Aristotle’s theory of Tragedy and Romeo and Juliet.
2. Notes on Tragedy (continued).
3. Oral Quiz on Act III, scenes i-iii.
HW: Read the rest of Act III for Monday.
Listen to Act III online.
To download the entire recording click here: iTunes or Complete File.
Watch Act III before, after, or as you read here: (BE SURE TO PAUSE TO READ FOOTNOTES!)
Act III, scene iv
start at 2:23
Act III, scene v
start at 4:47
2. Oral quiz on Act III, scene i.
3. Scenework. All students were assigned one scene to work on. They worked as a group to paraphrase each line and then write down the motivations of the character.
HW: Finish reading Act III for Monday. You don’t need to work on your script at home.