1. Oral Quiz on the previous night’s reading.
2. Epic Similes: We worked through this sheet on understanding similes in The Odyssey: Epic Similes Student Handout (both Honors and Regular versions included).
3. Students wrote their own epic similes using the As – So format. “As ____, so ____.”
HW: Finish reading The Odyssey
1. Oral Quiz
2. Epic Simile Review (if needed)
3. Odyssey adaptations (if time): Students selected one poem or short story that alludes to The Odyssey. They annotated the piece during class.
HW: Study for Wordskills Test on Monday here: http://quizlet.com/1899241/wordskills-unit-3-flash-cards/ Includes SAT words.
Ways to get extra credit: Make paper flashcards, study on quizlet and get in the top ten of Space Race or Scatter, and have your complete notes. Missing notes? Go here: https://garvoille.wordpress.com/wordskills/unit3/ You can improve your grade by studying for this test.
2nd, 4th, and 7th period classes: Finish Odyssey allusion annotation if not done.