1. Enjambment homework. Students marked the enjambment techniques used in their homework, then passed the homework in.
2. Notes. We took the following notes on L28:
- Couplet: a two-line stanza, usually rhyming
- Quatrain: a four-line stanza, usually rhyming ABAB or ABBA
- Rhyme Scheme: the pattern of rhymes at the end of lines; marked with letters
3. “Laura.” We read and annotated this poem on L31: Sonnet Handout.
4. “Sonnet 130.” Students then read and answered questions about Shakespeare’s sonnet.
HW: Finish answering the questions to “Sonnet 130) on the back of the Sonnet Handout.