Students gathered in the computer lab to work on their character descriptions and plot summaries. Both are due before class on MONDAY. See instructions here:
Character descriptions should include:
- an appositive (a renaming of a noun, like “Ms. Garvoille, a crazy English teacher, often drinks two cups of coffee before her first period class.”
- 1 – 5 sentences long, based on the importance of the character.
- The relationship to the protagonist
- Physical descriptions (use quotes if possible)
- Psychological characteristics (How does this character normally think? What is their personality like?)
- If citing page numbers, put them in parentheses for now.
Plot summary should include:
- 6-10 sentences per paragraph (3-5 paragraphs total, one per person if in a group)
- A topic sentence
- Chronological telling of events
- Specific dates, times, places
- A transition into the next section (if applicable)
- at least 2 quotes (with page numbers)
- a Neutral Point of View (NPOV)
- phrases that refer to the fictional nature of the story, like
the novel, the story, the events, the narrative, the characters
HW: All character descriptions and plot summary of entire novel (or your section) due in GoogleDocs by Monday.