1. We all logged in to GoogleDocs.
2. Works Cited. We received W16: The Works Cited Page. We learned the MLA Format Works Cited Song, which you sing to the tune of Old MacDonald:
“Author’s last name – comma – first name.
Title of the Book in italics.
Pub. location colon and then pub. name.
Add a comma, then the date. Ch! You’re almost done with it.
The last thing you add is print or web.
3. Practice with Works Cited. Students unscrambled a works cited entry on their own.
4. Works Cited for your essay. Students created a works cited entry for their own essays using only one edition of To Kill a Mockingbird.
5. Rock ‘n’ Roll Titles. On the back of W16, students read about titles and then came up with an exciting title of their own for the essay.
6. Work time: Students changed page numbers to fit one edition of TKaM, read for flow, and did some general editing. I will print out the essays at 5:00 tonight.
HW: Get some sleep! EOC Benchmark for a quiz grade tomorrow.